Notice for Buyers and Sellers
Sellers set their returns policy at their own discretion . Buyers should check the sellers returns policy carefully before a purchase so the buyer is satisfied with the terms of the transaction.
What you need to know about the Sellers returns policy
- Does the seller accept returns or do they operate a “sold as is ” policy.
- What criteria do they lay down before they will accept a return – e.g. original/unopened packaging
- How many days do you need before advising the seller you plan to return.
- What is the refund criteria – e.g. exchange, money back
- who is responsible to meet the cost of postage and packaging – the Buyer or the Seller.
- the Buyer is responsible for any loss of value incurred to the product resulting from handling and return shipping
- the Buyer cannot return anything made to order with names; messages or any other customised detail that makes it unique to the Buyer and unable to be sold on, large items made to order e.g. furniture, one off artwork commissioned by the Buyer, personal products that either have a seal where the seal is broken.
Distance Selling Regulations.
These cover transactions if there is no face to face contact.
They provide that a period of 14 working days after the date of receipt of the item, within which the consumer can cancel the contract ( the cooling off period ) and get their money back including the original post and packing charges.
If you have any further questions please contact us.